You may be sporting a few car seats in your ride now, but not long ago you were chillin’ to Tribe on your parents couch and jumping around at your senior prom. And sometimes you hear a word or a name and you’re triggered. You blurt out a lyric and drop some knowledge. So how do you know if you’re a little bit gangsta?
1. Everyone you meet named Doug gets nicknamed Doug E. Fresh.
2. When someone says they’re from Englewood, you ask if they’re up to no good.
3. If someone mentions Tennessee, you challenge them to a game of horseshoe (a game of horseshoe!!).
4. If a man says his name is Rob, you say “I got a really funky concept.”
5. When someone tells you the choice is yours, you answer “you can get with this, or you can get with that.”
6. If someone’s name is Mary, you ask them why they buggin’.
7. Hearing the word membrane makes you point to your head and ask “don’t you know I’m loco?”
8. If someone counts “one, two” you say “three and to the four, snoop doggy dog and Dr. Dre is at the door.”
9. Hearing the word “gangster” makes you sing “power and the money, money and the power, minute after minute, hour after hour…”
10. When someone says hey, you say “baby I got cha money, don’t you worry…”
11. If someone mentions their papa, you say “I love it when you call me big poppa”
12. Someone says jump – you say “the mac dad’ll make ya jump jump, the daddy mac’ll make ya…”
13. Someone mentions Brooklyn? You yell “No sleep till…”
14. Hear the word rump? You say “all I wanna do is zooma zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom”
15. If someone says no doubt, you answer “no diggity.”
16. Someone offers you gin… you say “Laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind”
17. Reading humpty dumpty? You start singing “I’ll eat up all your crackers and your licorice, oh yo fat girl – come here are you ticklish?”
If you’ve done one or more of the above, seek immediate assistance, located at channel 46 on your Sirius xm dial. And don’t stress, ‘cause you ain’t weird, you just a little gangsta.
And if ya don’t know, now ya know.